You’re ready to set out and absorb some beauty on and off your mat. Awesome. Now it’s time to ensure that if a hurdle pops up before you depart, or a delay or issue arises while you’re on the road, that you’re covered. We recommend travel insurance from WorldNomads.com. You can insure yourself through our recommendation, or any reputable company, but please do be sure to get coverage. WorldNomads insurance is available to people from 140 countries and is designed for adventurous travelers with coverage for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure travel activities.
Enter in the basics below and immediately get a quote to cover your adventure:
Travel Insurance FAQ
- Does travel insurance work?
The short answer? YES. Here’s the deal, our office staff has used their insurance (no one at The Travel Yogi travels without insurance!) to get full refunds when their kiddos have sprung a fever right before a business trip, when a nasty finger laceration happened demanded a trip cancellation and when a suitcase was lost en route to a yoga retreat adventure. We’ve go lots of success stories. Unfortunately we’ve got some sad ones too. When travelers have had to cancel last minute and didn’t have coverage or when a storm delayed a flight long enough to miss a connection (you ever tried getting the airlines to pay up with an airport full of angry travelers?). We believe in the benefits of travel insurance enough to strongly, strongly urge you to please cover the investment you just made in yourself by covering your soon-to-be most amazing and best yoga retreat ever!
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Can I buy the insurance offered through the airline when I buy my plane ticket?
You can but please remember that that only covers your flight, not your trip. Travel insurance purchased here covers you from the date of coverage through to the day your trip ends.
- Do I need to buy insurance the same day I deposit my trip?
You don’t have to but it’s highly recommended. Insurance only covers issues that arise after you purchase coverage.
- Why should I buy this travel insurance?
These guys have your back and they go the extra mile with 24hr service on all policies and the following good stuff:
- All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Should an issue arise on the road you can file a claim online while traveling