THE TRAVEL YOGI
Patagonia Yoga Adventure
White Water Adrenaline &
Unlike any other Patagonia adventure travels out there, our multi-lodge experience allows for maximum adventure each day and comfort and relaxation each night. We’ll kayak and raft the glacier-blue river each day and travel from local cottages to a stunning cliffside lodge. Relax in hot tubs each night and find your adventure/zen balance on our Patagonia hiking, rafting, riding, yoga retreat adventure.
Our amazing guides will have even whitewater novices safely navigating the river, making this Patagonia adventure trip suitable for anyone searching for beauty, wellness and adrenaline wrapped up in the world’s most stunning scenery.
Bring your sense of adventure on this unique Patagonia yoga retreat that will awe heart and soul. Guaranteed.
- Daily yoga practice surrounded by Patagonian splendor
- Round trip in-country flights from Puerto Montt to Chaiten
- Fully guided adventure week
- Daily whitewater rafting and/or kayaking
- Mountain biking
- Lake SUP
- Chef cooked meals
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated with notice
- Chilean wine or beer with dinner
- New Sotar rafts with footcups, wetsuits and type 5 life jackets
- Fully guided with expert local whitewater & kayaking guides
- 3 to 1 traveler to guide ratio
- All accommodations
- Transfers to and from Puerto Montt (PMC)
- Wifi all week with the exception of two nights on the river
What's Not Included
- Airfare to Puerto Montt (PMC)
- Alcohol or items of a personal nature/souvenirs
- Travel insurance (required)
Our Patagonia experience has comfort, character and luxury all wrapped up in one amazing week. Local lodges, all with en suite bathrooms, allow a taste of Patagonia culture and hospitality. Our midweek accommodations have deck hot tubs with stunning mountain views and the week ends lakeside with all the beauty you’d expect (and more).
Each lodge brings their own charm and off-the-beaten-path excitement to the week. Unique accommodations are the order of the day on this Patagonia trip; nothing but the extraordinary will do.
Our Patagonia hiking, rafting, yoga adventure schedule will vary slightly based on weather and final itineraries will go out to our traveling yogis about a month prior to departure. The schedule below gives you an overall picture of what a weeklong yoga retreat in Patagonia will look like:
- Arrival at the Puerto Montt airport
- Transfer to our lake view hotel in Puerto Varas
- Check in and, if you’re early, chill out or explore the quaint, eclectic town of Puerto Varas
- Meet up with fellow travelers and head out into Puerto Varas to a local restaurant for a group welcome dinner
- Rise and shine breakfast and transfer to the airport for our flight to Chaiten
- This 45min flight is a beautiful introduction to Patagonia
- Hugging the coastline you’ll see deep fjords, gorgeous rivers, verdant rain forests and the stunning snow capped peaks of the Patagonian Andes
- Get a bird’s eye view of the Chaiten volcano just before landing
- After landing we’ll board our private vans and drive 3hrs past glaciers and lakes to our starting point on the Futaleufú
- Before putting in everyone will be drilled in safety and techniques for a successful run
- Adrenaline rush Class IV rapids are on the menu for our first day on the water
- Head to tonight’s lodge on beautiful Lago Lonconao
- Hit the lodge’s main room for tonight’s unwind yoga class
- Group dinner at our lodge and the first of many awe-inspiring star gazing nights
- Sunrise yoga class followed by a hearty breakfast
- Today we hop on our mountain bikes for a relatively flat ride to today’s river put in
- After arriving at the river we’ll kayak Class II and III rapids
- Kayaking will bring us to the beach and a 10min ride back to the lodge
- Yoga out your arms, shoulders and back after a day’s kayaking
- Group dinner and story time
- Our morning yoga class takes in a pure Patagonia morning
- Today is traveler’s choice so fill up with breakfast and get ready for a heart-pumping day or some chillaxing… totally up to you
- Those looking to keep the action going can join a 3hr hike to Inferno Canyon
- Anyone staying at the lodge can choose to:
- Explore the hundreds of acres surrounding the lodge
- Swim, kayak, SUP or mountain bike, as you will
- Enjoy a full relax day
- Explore the hundreds of acres surrounding the lodge
- Come together for an early evening yoga session and dinner on property
- After breakfast today we’ll mountain bike for an hour to the river
- Upon reaching our put in we’ll kayak one of the most beautiful Class III runs in the world
- After our kayak day we’ll head to our next private lodge in a gorgeous hidden valley
- Yoga tonight will be on the huge outdoor deck with spectacular views of the 6,000ft mountains surrounding our quiet valley
- Dinner tonight of Chilean Asado (roasted sheep) is a taste of Patagonia culture
- After dinner it’s time to stargaze from the deck hot tubs
- Good morning yoga and hearty breakfast
- Today is a 2.5hr steep hike out of the valley to stunning Lago Obsession
- The hike is an amazing journey waterfalls and ancient forests
- After reaching the lake (and after catching your breath), take in the mirror perfect waters
- Hop on a SUP board and cruise the lake
- Those who opt out of the hike can take the time to horseback ride up the turquoise Rio Azul Valley to a beautiful waterfall
- Coming back from the day’s adventure, we come together for dinner and more hot tub muscle soaks
- Morning yoga and breakfast gets us ready for our last day on the river
- We’ll hop on our bikes for a quick 10min ride to the river and some amazing rapids
- Today’s Class IV rapids are all about beauty and exhilaration so be prepared to be awed
- *Today is the day when our adrenaline junkies can hit some Class V rapids as the icing on the cake on our Patagonia rafting adventure*
- The zen-end to the adventure is a boat ride from the river across the narrow fjord-like lake
- Arriving at our final lodge we tuck into dinner and a happy last night in a true natural wonderland
- This morning we wake up to our final yoga class
- Breakfast and a drive-out goodbye to Patagonia
- Arriving in Chaiten we hop on our group flight to Puerto Montt
- Transferring to the main airport for flights on to Santiago and beyond
Frequently Asked Questions
Travel insurance is mandatory for all travelers on this adventure. Please know that proof of travel insurance will be required to join the trip.
You will be traveling to Puerto Montt (PMC) airport. The airport is a few minutes drive to our jumping off point for this Patagonia adventure. Transfers are for the scheduled day of arrival and departure only.
US citizens will need a valid passport to visit Chile and a Tourist Card will be issued upon arrival. Passports will need to be valid for the duration of the stay and will need at least one blank page. Chile reserves the right to refuse entry if passports expire before stated departure from Chile. As entry requirements can change, please visit the State Department’s website for up to date information. Nationals of all other countries should check travel requirements well in advance of their retreat.
Nope, no previous rafting or kayaking skills are required. Our expert guides will be getting everyone up to speed and the low traveler to guide ratio keeps everything safe and exciting. And, anyone that wants to skip any portion of the rapids can hike, drive or horseback ride (depending on the day in question) and meet up with the group. Or, the extra stable safety-cataraft is always available.
This is a physical trip and you should be physically healthy to embark on this adventure. All levels of yoga practitioners are welcome and no rafting or kayaking experience is necessary. The most strenuous activity is the 3200 ft ascent to Lake Obsession and anyone who chooses to opt out can horseback ride up the Rio Azul Valley.
You will need to bring your mat and any gear you require but once you arrive it will be transported for you.
You will be getting a full packing and gear list about a month before the adventure. However, some of the more important gear to start packing would be a waterproof paddle jacket, quick dry clothes, light to medium weight hiking boots and, of course, your yoga clothes and gear!
Winter for us in the Northern Hemisphere is winter in the Southern. Most of the trip will take place in a microclimate that experiences less rain and wind than other areas in Chilean Patagonia. Weather can range from 50s to the 80s during the day and nights will generally be in the 40s or 50s but can go lower. You’ll want to be prepared with all of the quick dry and warm clothes that we’ll recommend. You will be supplied with a sleeveless wetsuit when on the river; water temperature will be approximately 60* and you will definitely get wet!
Yes! Of course. Once you’re booked you’ll receive an email with important logistical information and a link to your invoice. You can pay any amount at any time on the invoice; you can use it as a payment plan or leave it alone until the final due date. Remember that deposits are non-refundable so, on all trips, we recommend purchasing travel insurance.