THE TRAVEL YOGI
Croatia Yoga Adventure
Trip in One Word: Resplendent
What You’ll Experience in Croatia
This yoga retreat in Croatia brings together the best of Mediterranean life: think sun-soaked coastal hikes, stunning waterfalls, ancient architecture, rolling lavender fields, bucolic olive groves, and the warm culture of coastal paradise. You’ll explore the splendor of Croatia from Split to Dubrovnik—including islands, charming seaside villages, and white-sand beaches in between. Sunrise and sunset, over rustic rooftops or the sparkling Mediterranean, are extraordinary here. Catch a game of picigin and feast on fresh figs, seafood, and local wine amidst the backdrop of sun and sea. Traverse wooden paths connecting emerald pools in Krka National Park and hike to charming villages nestled among a rocky coastline with stunning bays of crystal clear water. Harvest oysters with local fishermen and feast with a local family. Let time slow down through morning and evening yoga sessions and the laidback culture of this beautiful country. Did we mention that sundown on the Adriatic is pure magic?!
How You’ll Experience Croatia
Start your Croatia adventure on the Dalmatian Coast in Split, the Adriatic’s most stunning seaport. Stroll the city streets with a local guide and visit Diocletian’s Palace, an ancient Roman royal residence. Embark on a private tour of Krka National Park, home to seven stunning waterfalls and a karst phenomenon (a river-carved canyon in limestone). Next up, travel by private boat to Šolta Island, the “island of olives,” and Krknjaši Blue Lagoon. Swim, sunbathe, or relax on the boat—traveler’s choice! In Hvar, marvel at the sweeping views, Cathedral, Venetian piazza, beaches lined with giant agave plants, and cascading lavender fields. (Leave room in your bag for soaps with local lavender or handcrafted lace made by Benedictine nuns.) Hike to and around the charming seaside village of Milna and enjoy a traditional dinner in the 15th century cliff-backed village of Velo Grablje. In Dubrovnik, wander the marble streets among the baroque buildings in this ancient city and wind your way along the romantic ruins of the Benedictine monastery to find your dream swim spot. In each location, your luxury accommodations feature swimming pools, gardens, terraces, views, and fresh, local food. With a wonderful mélange of natural beauty, beaches, monuments, and local culture you’ll experience an authentic version of Croatia—a resilient country with an illustrious and fabled past.
How You’ll Feel When You Return Home
From impressive waterfalls to untouched pebbled beaches along the coast, this yoga retreat in Croatia is infused with the water and sun. You’ll return home as carefree as if you spent a week walking on water (well, you kind of did)—and beaming from the warmth of the Mediterranean and its people. You’ll dream of eating fresh figs under lemon trees overlooking the sea in the afternoon sun until you find your way back to the Adriatic coast again.
Upcoming Yoga Retreat in Croatia Dates
Stacey Rosenberg is passionate about educating people on how to be a student of their own bodies and applying the spirit of yoga to their everyday lives. She is a teacher of both the art and technique of yoga — weaving both wisdom and play into the practice.
Stacey offers a fresh perspective on each posture and gives alignment cues and pose modifications that will help you get stronger and move more freely. Her style of yoga blends practical knowledge honed over years of study and experience, a deep spiritual awareness rooted in the everyday sacred and a street-wise sense of humor. She has been teaching public and private classes, workshops and teacher trainings in San Francisco since 2000 as well as retreats and adventures all around the world.
STAY TUNED FOR NEW ADVENTURE DATES...
In the meantime check out other great Yoga Adventure locations. Join our newsletter for the latest updates and new adventure location dates.
- Eight days with English-speaking expert local guides
- City walking tour of Split and Diocletian’s Palace
- Exploration of Krka National Park’s stunning waterfalls
- Lunch and visit to a local organic farm
- Private boat from Split to Hvar
- En route exploration of Šolta and Krknjaši Archipelago
- Hiking tour of Hvar and traditional dinner in a 15th century village
- Traditional oyster harvesting (and tasting) in Ston
- Family hosted meal in Trsteno
- Walking tour of Dubrovnik’s famous walled city
- Entrance fees to all included sites
- Private transfers
- All meals as listed in the itinerary in a local restaurant or at our hotels
- Multiple cultural meals with locals
- Morning and evening yoga on most days (please see the full itinerary for yoga schedule)
What's Not Included
- International flight to Split and from Dubrovnik
- Any airport taxes
- Alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature (phone calls, souvenirs, spa services, etc)
- Travel insurance (recommended)
Our yoga retreat in Croatia samples accommodations from the traditional to the historic to the modern, all located in city central or beautifully scenic locations. Soak up the best of each city with hotels neighboring Diocletian’s Palace to rooftop terraces with panoramic city and marina views. Revel in locations that embrace the historic and offer sumptuousness for all the senses.
Each of our amazing yoga retreat in Croatia adventure itineraries will be unique, with slight changes based on local holidays and/or events. Below is a sample of what can be expected as you explore this amazing country with The Travel Yogi:
- Arrive in Split for the start of your yoga retreat in Croatia
- Our private transfer will meet you at the airport upon arrival
- Dive right into history and culture with exploration of Split
- Marvel at one of the Adriatic’s most amazing seaports and the ancient heart of Split
- Explore Diocletian’s Palace – one of the best preserved Roman royal residences on the planet
- De-planing yoga session followed by a welcome dinner in the Old Town – Dobrodošli u hrvatsku!
- Early morning yoga & breakfast readying for a day of natural splendor
- Drive to one of the most beautiful of Croatia’s 8 national parks – Krka Waterfalls National Park
- Explore the karst phenomenum of the Krka River as well as Skradinski buk waterfall
- Walk the winding woodend paths that traverse emerald pools to a viewpoint of a majestic series of falls
- Continue on to a local organic farm for views, local tales and a relaxing lunch
- Return to Split for an evening yoga session and dinner in our historic hotel
- Morning yoga, breakfast and check-out as we say goodbye to the beauty of Split
- Head to the marina to catch our private boat exploration/transfer to Hvar
- Head to Hvar in no particular rush…
- Enjoy the beautiful bays and unspoiled nature of Šolta Island
- After some island time, head to Krknjaši Blue Lagoon’s crystal clear water and pebbled beaches. Swim, stroll, snorkel or savor the sun
- Settle in for an evening of outdoor yoga overlooking the lit-up and stunning cityscape followed by a local dinner
- Sunrise yoga on the terrace and breakfast
- Enjoy a morning of free time to explore Hvar your own way
- In the early afternoon head out to hike to the historic town of Stari Grad
- Leave other tourist behind as you tread inland through lavender fields and bucolic olive groves along ancient trails
- From a perch high above the Mediterranean, enjoy a unique sunset-watching yoga class
- Journey another 2 miles to the deserted cliff-backed village of Velo Grablje for a traditional dinner in a medieval ghost town
- Enjoy a leisurely morning of yoga and breakfast
- Today is your opportunity to luxuriate in Hvar as a local
- Hvar is both flirty and flashy as well as fantastically rustic – today you can choose to enjoy the music and trendy sunbathers at spots like Hula Hula, hike to more panoramic vistas or immerse in the historic with a day of museums and monasteries – whatever suits your mood today, Hvar will oblige
- Come back together for evening yoga and a farewell-to-Hvar dinner
- Morning yoga, breakfast and check-out
- Our private transfer will head out to Dubrovnik with special stops along the way
- Enjoy the sights of Ston as you learn to harvest local oysters from a family that’s been harvesting traditionally for generations
- Taste the fruits of your labor as you sample your oysters, mussels, olive oils and local wine
- Stop slightly further down the coast for a traditional home-cooked lunch served in Trsteno’s gorgeous arboretum
- Arrive in Dubrovnik with time to settle in
- Head out for dinner in Old Town Dubrovnik and an evening introduction to this gorgeous medieval city
- Sunrise yoga & breakfast to awaken your senses
- This morning is all about Old Town Dubrovnik – head out with a local guide for a walking tour of this enchanted city
- Once you have the lay of the land you can head out ofn your own for an afternoon of your choice in Dubrovnik
- Stroll up from Ploce Gate past cliff-hugging villas or stroll the shops and cafés of town
- Take a moderate hike up to the ruins of St Orsula and stunning views or hop the cable car to the ridges of Srd
- Return to the hotel for yoga and a final Croatian dinner in the city
- Final morning yoga session, breakfast and farewell to Croatia
- Meet up with your private transfer to the Dubrovnik airport depending on your flight time
- Dovidjenja to Croatia!
How We Give Back as Travelers
The climate crisis is real. As conscious travelers it’s important to note, and mitigate our impact. While travel is important for our wellness and communities, traditional carbon offsetting is just not enough. The Travel Yogi has partnered with Tomorrow’s Air to put our travelers’ dollars to work through the super cool science of carbon removal. Want to know more? Learn about Tomorrow’s Air, how it works, our commitment, and what more you can do.
Frequently Asked Questions
Citizens of the U.S. will need a valid passport to visit Croatia. Passports must have at least one blank page per entry stamp. Passports must be valid for at least 3 months after the date of departure. Entry requirements can change so for up to date information please visit the State Department’s page for Croatia. Nationals of all other countries should check entry requirements with their government.
No shots are required at this time for travel to Croatia. Of course we recommend that you be up to date on all of your vaccinations. Any specific inoculation or health questions should be directed to your personal physician.
Yes! Vegetarians will have no difficulty and all other requests should be able to be accommodated as long as we have sufficient notice of at least four weeks prior to departure. Please contact The Travel Yogi with any dietary questions.
While travel insurance is not required it is strongly recommended. We recommend World Nomads, thought you may get insurance through any reputable company.
On this adventure, yes, you will need to bring your own mat. Your mat and luggage will be transported for you once on the trip, but you will need to bring a mat from home. The Travel Yogi teachers that embark on this adventure will be designing classes that do not require props, so no need to bring a strap or a block.
Yup, all of our lux locations will have wifi available.
Croatia uses the European two-prong (type C) as well as the two-prong and earth clip (type F) plugs. The voltage is 220-230V so a converter may be required.
Yes! Of course. Once you’re booked you’ll receive an email with important logistical information and a link to your invoice. You can pay any amount at any time on the invoice; you can use it as a payment plan or leave it alone until the final due date. Remember that deposits are non-refundable so, on all trips, we recommend purchasing travel insurance.