Iceland Yoga Retreats
Iceland Adventure Travels that will Take Your Breath Away
Famous for its raw beauty, unique climate, geothermal energy and vibrant culture, your Iceland yoga retreat adventure is calling.
Whether enjoying the epic midnight sun in the long days of summer or Iceland hiking in the quiet of fall or hush of winter, what better place to escape, explore, and expand your daily yoga practice.
On your Iceland yoga retreat, you will truly discover what makes this amazing island tick – from inside vibrant Reykjavik and from our hidden accommodation gem in the south of the island.
You will be awed and amazed by Iceland’s natural wonders. And you’ll be charmed by the quirky warmth and hospitality of Iceland culture. From the volcanic power that continues to form this island, to the big-little-city hum of Reykjavik, to the echoes of ageless glaciers and exploding geysers, this island is alive.
In all its seasons and many facets, an Iceland yoga retreat is an extraordinary adventure. A journey that will bring you alive, energizing and inspiring you on and off the mat.
Explore waterfalls and geysers, case the city, rest in the south surrounded by Icelandic horses, check out the out-of-this-world terrain, and chillax in the Blue Lagoon.
This Icelandic adventure trip is for the inner adventurer in you. Bring your open mind and heart, and The Travel Yogi will take care of the rest.
Yoga Retreat Adventure Duration: 7 Days / 6 Nights • Starting at $3795 per person
- Morning vinyasa and/or evening chill-out yoga practice
- Foodie walking tour of Reykjavik
- Three nights in a luxury hotel in Reykjavik
- Three nights at our country inn in the south of Iceland
- Full guided tour (with secret extras) of Iceland’s famous Golden Circle
- Gullfoss’ natural gorgeousness
- Geysir natural spring (time-able eruptions and a good indication of what’s going on below!)
- Thingvellir’s cultural and historic past
- Photo op at Faxi waterfall
- Folklore fun at Haukadalur
- Science, history and more natural beauty than you can shake an elf at (Icelandic “ha”)
- Nighttime sky gazing in the perfect dark of nature to spy the Northern Lights (winter & spring trips)
- Two chances in the south to see the lights – jump into the on-property Viking Pool or separate jacuzzi with a hot (or cold) drink and wait for the show
- Summer trips can jump in the Viking Pool and bask under the midnight sun
- Reykjanes Peninsula day trip
- Visit Hafnarfjördur (and the elves!)
- Cross the ‘bridge’ and the continental divide between the American and Eurasian plates – walk from America to Europe (ha)
- Check out the beautiful blue clay and bubbling hot spring of Seltún
- Watch the steam escape from the fumaroles and hot springs of Gunnuhver
- Head to the Blue Lagoon for a long soak
- Entrance to the Blue Lagoon with extras
- Full-day south coast explorations
- Exact adventure locations will be determined by the season and weather
- Full buffet breakfast daily
- One country lunch
- Five full dinners (vegetarian and non-vegetarian options)
- Included in the dinners is a night out in Reykjavik at a local restaurant (yum)
- Transportation to and from Keflavik (KEF) airport (on arrival and departure days)
- Free wifi
What's not included
- Airfare to Iceland
- Lunches (except the one included lunch in the country)
- One dinner
- Additional excursions
- Alcohol or items of a personal nature/souvenirs
- Travel insurance (recommended)
Reykjavik Room Options
Executive rooms offer comfort with Scandinavian luxury. Clean, crisp rooms with large bathrooms lull each yogi to sleep. Bask in the thoughtful extras of heated towel racks (a welcome luxury), long tubs and deep, comfortable beds.
Atrium rooms offer many of the same comforts of the Superior Executive room with a few slight differences. Atrium rooms will look in towards the spacious and natural-light filled lobby area and will be slightly smaller than their Executive cousins. All of these rooms can accommodate two beds for roommates and are a wonderfully comfortable alternative to the Executive rooms.
South Iceland Rooms
Our rooms in the south are all clean and neat country-comfort with en suite bathrooms. They are smaller and more basic than the city hotel rooms but with unrivaled views. Gaze out onto the surrounding fields dotted with the property’s host of Icelandic horses or towards the museum building beautifully constructed, in part, with volcanic rock. Rooms will be configured with either two twin beds or one king based on your initial room request.
Iceland yoga retreat schedules will vary slightly based on weather and final itineraries will go out to the travel crew about a month prior to departure. Our schedule below gives you an overall picture of what a weeklong wellness retreat in Iceland will look like:
- Early (very early for most of us) morning arrival in Iceland
- Transfer to Reykjavik (approx 1hr) and drop bags off at our hotel
- Rejuvenate with a full breakfast (coffee!) and take a few moments to relax
- Head out for a walking foodie tour of Reykjavik
- Get your bearings and a gastronomical tour of this eaty-eclectic country
- Play in downtown or stroll back and check in to your room
- Evening de-plane and welcome yoga class
- Group welcome dinner
- Morning yoga and group buffet breakfast
- Today we’re heading out to visit the homes of the elves, Vikings (only kinda kidding) and the stunning Reykjanes Peninsula
- Day trip down to Hafnarfjördur (for the elves)
- Visit Kleifarvatn for a view of the seismic-ly beautiful Kleifarvarvatn and walk the “bridge” between the American and Eurasian tectonic plates
- Check out the geo-thermal epicenter of Seltún; blue clay and bubbling hot spring included
- Wander out among the fumaroles and hot springs of Gunnuhver… watch out for Gunna the ghost!
- After a day of exploring we’ll head over for a soak in the warm-zen-goodness of the Blue Lagoon
- You’ll have a few hours to relax in the waters and chill. Entrance with us includes:
- a pre-treatment in-water silica mud mask
- a drink of your choice from the swim-up bar in the Lagoon
- skin smoothing-tightening-glowing-allaroundawesome in-water algae mask
- You’ll have a few hours to relax in the waters and chill. Entrance with us includes:
- Head back for an evening yoga class and dinner on your own tonight
- Up early today for breakfast and packing for our Iceland nature adventure
- Today we head out of town and head south into the great Icelandic wilds
- We’ll trek out to the Sólheimajökull glacier’s natural and massive gorgeousness
- Drive out to Dyrhólaey Island
- Stroll the black sand beach of Reynisfjara
- Check out Vík and maybe squeeze in some secret-surprise stops
- Arriving in the late afternoon/early evening near the base of the Hekla volcano we’ll check in and roll out our mats for yoga
- Dinner tonight is in a room with floor to ceiling views of Hekla and the stars
- Our first night out in nature is a fantastic time to watch for the Northern Lights (Nov-April only)
- jump in the Viking Pool on-property for some natural spring warmth while you light spy
- Our morning yoga class takes in Hekla’s beauty from the practice space
- Fill up with breakfast and get ready for a day of natural exploration
- Heading out today we put on our walking shoes (or hiking boots) and head out to explore the highlands and countryside
- We’ll build in enough time at our exclusive location to allow time with the Icelandic horses that roam the property for those who’d like to ride in the afternoon
- In the winter our days will change as our more adventurous spots are weather-permitting
- Head in for early evening yoga and dinner
- Our second night in nature will, hopefully, bring our second night of light sightings (during the light season)
- In the summer months we will extend our day-tripping and push yoga and dinner all thanks to the midnight sun
- Early morning yoga and a fuel-up breakfast
- Today is a “foss” day as we’re hitting up some spectacular waterfalls
- On our drive back we’ll hit up the remaining half of the Golden Circle
- Take a stroll behind (yes, behind) the Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- The waterproof and the brave can walk through Gljúfrabúi
- Hit up Skógafoss
- A little water break at Drangurinn
- And all the sneaky spots that we’ll fill you in on on the road…
- Head back for evening yoga
- And fill up with another amazing dinner and beautiful mountain views (for the midnight sun crew)
- Good morning, and final, yoga class and breakfast
- Today we’ll be heading back to Reykjavik while doing the Golden Circle with our own special twist… Stops will vary slightly based on weather and crowds (the sights are cool but certainly touristy so we work the angles) but expectations can run along the lines of:
- Checking out Geysirand Stokkur’s eruptions
- Strolling Thingvellir – Iceland’s national shrine and World Heritage Site
- Enjoying Gullfoss’ (the Golden Falls) natural and massive beauty
- And our own secret-sauce stops
- We’ll arrive back in Reykjavik and check back in and come together for a night out on the town
- Our awesome foodie crew are taking you all out for some Icelandic beer tasting (non-alcoholic drinks totally supplied) and a fun farewell dinner in a local restaurant
- Say goodbye to Iceland and the new adventure travel friend-crew in a fun and tasty pub and then head back for some shut eye or stay out and enjoy Reykjavik nightlife
- Depending on your flight time it’s up for breakfast, hugs and goodbyes
- Transfer to KEF and shuffle through a week’s awesome memories while waiting to board!
This trip FAR exceeded my expectations
If I could hire Jen Hoddevik from The Travel Yogi to be my personal travel agent/life organizer, it would be worth whatever amount of money it cost! Iceland was my fourth retreat with The Travel Yogi, and exactly as it was in all previous trips, every detail was handled by Jen and her expert staff. I didn’t have to worry for a second once from the point I arrived at the airport and saw the driver holding a sign with my name until he brought me back there almost a week later. The excursions were first rate-all we had to do was show up for the bus-and the cost of the trip was extremely reasonable with all of the meals, yoga and sights it included. Yoga with Elizabeth Rowan was perfect to start our day and wind down our evenings.
I just got back from my 4th yoga retreat with The Travel Yogi. This one was to Reykjavik Iceland. Elizabeth Rowan is a treasure. She did a great job of paying attention to the desires of the group and shaping our events to meet the desires of 15 different people. We were 16 strangers at the beginning of the week and left feeling like friends for life. Magic. All this is painstakingly put together by The Travel Yogi team. I can’t wait for the next adventure.